This month, I tried out a blueberry pancake recipe from the book “The Complete Cookbook for Young Chefs”. It makes small pancakes that are pretty fluffy and tasty. You can make it have any kind of flavor you want, or have it plain.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¾ of milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp of veggie oil
- ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
- Veggie oil spray
- ½ cup of blueberries
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl using a whisk.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in another bowl.
- Use a spatula to mix the two mixtures together.
- Let the batter sit for 10 minutes.
- Spray medium pan inside using veggie oil spray.
- Heat pan in medium-high for about a minute.
- Use a ¼ cup to scoop the batter onto the heated pan.
- Place blueberries onto cooking batter.
- Flip pancake after 2-3 minutes.
- Relocate pancake from pan to plate after 1-2 more minutes
- Repeat steps 1-10 until you have the desired number of blueberry pancakes.
This is how I did it, and it turned out great. You can use butter instead of veggie oil spray if you like. I hope you like them.