In my post "Spring Gardens," I mentioned some flowers that are good to grow over the spring. Now, I'm going to talk about a few flowers that are good to grow in the summer and are attractive to pollinators.
- Butterfly bushes are beautiful flowers that grow quickly, perennial, and are easy-care in a wide range of sizes.
- Alliums are deer and rabbit resistant flowers that reproduces a lot during July-September.
- Alyssum are tiny white flowers that also reproduce quickly and have a tendency to carpet an entire garden and fill in gaps between other flowers.
- Calibrachoas are trailing flowers that are perfect for hanging baskets and mix plantings.
- Geraniums are extremely cheep flowers that also are perfect for hanging baskets and mix plantings.
Whether you have a big garden space, or just a few containers on your deck or balcony, you can help our honeybees have food all summer.